Skip to main content

Playlist for the Half

My go-to genre at any time of the day is EDM.

Driving to work? EDM
Driving home from work? EDM
Cooking dinner? EDM
Showering? EDM
Cleaning the house? EDM
Running? EDM
Writing this blog post? EDM

I try to branch out a little, but EDM just gets me and helps keep me going. For race day, I wanted to make sure I didn't have to keep flipping through songs. I picked some EDM for sure, some rap/pop, and some harder rock.


Highlighting songs of my playlist:

Hook, Line, & Sinner by Texas in July: this song goes back to my middle school/ high school screamo band obsession days. This song has really good drops in it that I would jump in the mosh pit to. It definitely will pump me to pick up the pace on Sunday.

Obsessed by Joel Fletcher Bianca: the chorus is the most upbeat fist-pumping song I think I have on here. I jam the hell out to it in the car so much that my boyfriend is laughing at me from his truck behind.

Monster by Skillet: this has a continuous fast beat, can sing it, has some hard edge to it, and the 'demonic' voice in the one bridge is spine-chilling (somehow makes me go faster)



Below is the URL link to my playlist I have for the PGH Half. It has more than EDM in it - but all are just some good beats that really pump me up and will keep me going through the 13.1.

Let me know what some of your favorite songs are when you're running!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Motivation: Good Week

But really, isn't every week? Life is what you make it despite the ups and downs we face. Leave whatever struggles and hardships this past week brought you. It's last week, we have to look ahead of us. Ever try looking backwards while running? You're not as focused on going forward. And isn't that why you're running in the first place? So make this week a good week that you can reflect on and be proud of. Welcome the challenges. Crush those goals. Be mindful. Enjoy the little moments. And damnit, smile all the way through.  Have a good week!

5 Helpful Tips for Summer Marathon Training

My first marathon is in September. When I picked the marathon, I chose Erie because it was close to home and because it was the last weekend for Boston Qualifying submissions for 2018. I did not, however, completely consider that it would mean training all summer. Oops. As someone who does not handle the heat well, I've compiled a five helpful tips that I plan to use to help combat summer training for fall marathon season. 1. Always Check the Weather I do this all year round, but this is especially critical for me for the summer. Last summer, I was training for my first half marathon, and I found myself running late at night because those times had the lowest temperatures. I've also found the early mornings to be great since the sun hasn't boiled the ground yet either. ... unless you like the heat... you crazy heat people... It's also good to see how the weather is going to be a few days out. If your training is a little flexible, th

PGH 5K Race Recap

Thanks to my wonderful boyfriend for all the photos! This was the first 5K I've done since Fall of 2012. Not that I've avoided 5Ks, but just always put the focus on adding mileage and not really speed training. Last week I received an email that they extended the sign-up for the UPMC Health Plan 5K, and decided to just go with it. To be quite frank, I only did it because I saw that doing the 5K and either the Half or Full Marathon meant you were participating in the Steel Challenge. I saw "challenge" and couldn't pass that up. Competitive much? Medals just steel-ing the spotlight However, I wasn't feeling completely confident in myself about this run. I told myself I should take it as a shakeout run before the Half. Well, after a speedy 3 miles the other day, I found the courage to make this a race worth racing for. IG post after completing 3 miles in 22:04 (there were some stops along the way) I had tremendous support